- About Us
- Our Services
The Sewell Funeral Home began in the early 1930’s in Albany in a storefront building by Mr. Leo M. Sewell, he began selling casket parts, linings, and arranging funerals and ordering embalming for those families desiring such service.
In 1943 he purchased the building from Mr. Frost who built the house, which still is home to the funeral company at 115 N. Cross street in Albany.
In those days many funerals were held in Church as well as visitations in the homes. As time progressed and more services were being held at the Sewell Funeral Home, Mr. Sewell contracted a major expansion and renovation; adding much needed space, Large Chapel, Casket Room, Lobbies, Garage and storage.
Early hearse purchased by Mr. Sewell.
Mr. Morris S. Campbell.
Mr. Sewell passed away shortly after this building project in 1977. Ownership then passed to his only daughter, Eugenia Sewell Smith. Mrs. Smith operated the funeral home with the assistance of Morris Campbell, and Pat Campbell until Pat and His wife Melissa purchased the firm in 2003.
The Campbell Funeral Home changed its name to Campbell-New Funeral Home, Inc. in Oct. 2009 and is respective of the distinct honor of being one of this areas oldest firms in the funeral business or any other business. With this in mind we treat families with the same compassion that founded Mr. Sewell as a chosen source of help in their time of need.